Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15322 Discussions

SystemVerilog error: parameter with complex/aggregate value must have a type

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, everyone. I am the first time asking the questions here. 

I want to declare a double array parameter. 

However, I meet an error as below. 

Can someone help me?  

Thank you very much.  

error (10709): systemverilog error at command_lookup.v(87): parameter with complex/aggregate value must have a type 

parameter command = { // Clear the screen and set cursor position to home 8'h1B, // Esc 8'h5B, // [ 8'h6A, // j // Set the cursor position to row 0 column 3 8'h1B, // Esc 8'h5B, // [ 8'h30, // 0 8'h3B, // ; 8'h33, // 3 8'h48, // H // Text to print out on the screen 8'h48, // H 8'h65, // e 8'h6C, // l is lowercase L, not number one 8'h6C, // l is lowercase L, not number one 8'h6F, // o 8'h20, // Space 8'h46, // F 8'h72, // r 8'h6F, // o 8'h6D, // m // Set the cursor position to row 1 column 4 8'h1B, // Esc 8'h5B, // [ 8'h31, // 1 is number one not L 8'h3B, // ; 8'h34, // 4 8'h48, // H // Text to print out on the screen 8'h44, // D 8'h69, // i 8'h67, // g 8'h69, // i 8'h6C, // l is lowercase L, not number one 8'h65, // e 8'h6E, // n 8'h74, // t 8'h00 // Null };
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Change your declaration to  

parameter bit command = { // Clear the screen and set cursor position to home 

It is a good idea for any parameter declaration.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you very much. I try it. 

However, I meet another error. 

Error (10161): Verilog HDL error at command_lookup.v(87): object "bit" is not declared. Verify the object name is correct. If the name is correct, declare the object. 

Do you know what it is?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

have you saved the file with .sv extension? it is trying to compile it as verilog, not SV