Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16636 Discussions

TCL packages outside of Quartus executables

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is it possible to use the custom TCL commands outside of the Quartus executable such as quartus_sh. 

I would like to be able to simply add a command such as  

package require ::quartus::jtag 1.0 

to one of of my TCL scripts without having to run from within the Quartus TCL 

environment. Without that capability it is very difficult to debug scripts from an IDE such as Komodo. 

I have considered writing a wrapper for the quartus TCL commands that passes them to the executable, but this isn't the cleanest possible solution and may be redundant work. 

Any thoughts on this issue are appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just as a clarification. I generally use the ActiveState TCL distribution because it enables me to debug from the komodo IDE.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've tried to do that sometime ago but it was a complete failure. TCL implementation in Quartus is modified and has some includes automatically done. So it's a lot of problem ahead. 

I recommend you to stay with Quartus_sh. I still prefer have reliable tools and use my time on my projects than on Altera scripts beyond user control.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone,  

First time posting on this forum. My Senior Design team is utilizing the ::quartus::jtag TCL library and was wondering if anyone else had any comments on this thread. 

HIPEEs (Hardware Integrated Prototyping Environment Engineers)
0 Kudos