cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

TCL parameters and Include directories

Hi All, 

Is there any documentation on the TCL parameters for all the functions provided by quartus? 

For example, 

set_global_assignment -name ??? 

What are all valid assignments and their meanings for the -name flag? There are a lot of other functions which I cannot find their full parameter options description. 

Also, is there anyway to specify and "include" dir; something like +incdir+ in modelsim (or -I flag in gcc). This might be useful if I have .vh files found in some common location. 

thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Re: TCL parameters and Include directories

there is a Scripting Reference Manual: 

http://www.altera.com/literature/manual/tclscriptrefmnl.pdf 

i create .qip files for various libraries. then i can add the library by editing the .qsf and adding the .qip file. for example: 

set_global_assignment -name QIP_FILE ../vhdl_2008_fixed_float/vhdl_2008_fixed_float.qip  

would mean at the same level as my project directory i have a directory containing the VHDL 2008 fixed/float packages
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

I think you may be looking for the Quartus II Settings Manual located here: 

http://www.altera.com/literature/manual/mnl_qsf_reference.pdf?gsa_pos=1&wt.oss_r=1&wt.oss=qsf%20sett...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Thanks for the feedback, I found what I was looking for in one of the Altera manuals: 

If the Quartus II Settings File contains a USER_LIBRARIES assignment and you call set_global_assignment to set a SEARCH_PATH or USER_LIBRARIES assignment, the existing USER_LIBRARIES assignment expands into one or more SEARCH_PATH assignments. 

So, if you have a set of .vh files in some <DIR> to can: 

set_global_assignment -name SEARCH_PATH <DIR> 

this seems to work! 

thanks!
0 Kudos