Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

The profiling option for kernel file is not working

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am working with a DE1SOC board from terasic/Quartus II/version 15.0/Windows 7/64/  

I am able to run the my OpenCL code on the board. But, I couldn't able to run the GUI profiler to estimate the kernel performance. 

I compiled my .aocx file with aoc --profile <your_kernel_filename>.cl this code. Then I compiled my host file. Then I executed my kernel file and host file on the board. But, when I tried to launch the profiler with this code aocl report <your_kernel_filename>.aocx profile.mon, the error is: Invalid profile.mon file supplied. 

Any help on this issue would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have the profile.mon file in the same directory from where you run the aocl report command?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am also trying to profile my kernel's performance, using aoc --profile <your_kernel_filename>.cl on AOCL SDK 16.0.2.222. Following are the observations: 

1. There is an apparent increase in resource utilisation because of the inferred counters. This cross verifies that the command has been properly accepted by the compiler. 

2. The .aocx file gets generated, but the profile.mon is not generated anywhere.The .aocx generated is functioning properly on hardware. 

Could you let me know a possible reason behind this ? 

Regards, 

Arwinder
0 Kudos