Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Timing constraints for DDR ADC Interface with AD9643

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am working on the DDR Interface with the AD9643 ADC from Analog Devices, but I am not able to catch proper signals! May be someone is familiar with 200MHz DDR Interface, here some informations what I've done so far: 

FPGA clk: 200MHz 

ADC: AD9643 with 200MHz DDR 

DCO of ADC is connected to clk_input of FPGA and its clock is from Hardware PLL directly (200MHz) 

Timing Diagram of the AD9643 datasheet 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9138  

Due to the datasheet of the AD9643, the DCO clock is -90° shifted, so I made the follwing constraints: 

create_clock -name {FPGA_CLK200} -period 5.000 -waveform { 0.000 2.500 } create_clock -name {ADC_DCO} -period 5.000 -waveform { 3.750 6.250 }  

I shift the ADC clock to 270° due to the fact that sdc can't handle negative timing constraints. 

In the datasheet the TSKEW is marked with min value of 0.4 and max of 1.0ns, due to that I made the following input constraints: 

set_input_delay -clock -min -0.400 -add_delay set_input_delay -clock -max -1.000 -add_delay 

The ADC-DCO clock is going to an internal PLL and on that clock I read out the DDR data, but its wrong. According to the datasheet I think it is not necessary to ad 90° phaseshift in the FPGA? 

Can someone help me with some ideas? Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I could catch proper ADC signals with DCO clock on a minimal design, which means that I've made a design only with the needed PLLs and the ADC readout with altddio. After shifting the phase to 90° it worked.  

But I've I go back to my complete design with other parts, it is not working again - I guess the altddio is far away from the pin or another problem. Does anyone have some suggestions to me, for improving this matter?
0 Kudos