Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
15806 Discussions

Unable to read and write to FPGA memory using PCIe

SHA_KHALEED
Beginner

Hi,

I have interfaced iMX8 Processor and FPGA using the PCIe Hard IP generated from intel Quartus Prime software v21.4.

When I do "lspci" on iMX8, the cyclone 10 device is being detected. However when I try to write and read from the Bar0 and Bar2 memory the below issues occur :

1. I am writing 0x012 in Bar0 viz., resource 0

setpci -s 01:00 COMMAND=0x02
./imx8_pcimem /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0/resource0 0x08 w 0x11

2. When I am reading in this location I should get 0x02. However, I am getting 0xFF as readback.

Looking for some solution on this. Support and solutions are much appreciated.!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
skbeh
Employee

Hi Sir

Your Cyclone 10 device is being detected but unbale to write/read from the Bar0 and Bar2 memory, it could be due to the BUS Master Enable bit still not being enabled.

You can type lspci -vvn -s xx:xx.xx to check the Command Register settings of the PCIe, send me the screenshot.

Please set the IO_Space_enable bit[0], Memory Space enable bit[1] and Bus Master bit[2] in Command register to 1, this is bit[0], bit[1], bit[2] at configuration space offset 0x4.

Example, set these registers using: setpci -s 01:00 COMMAND=0x7