Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Unable to run DSE II fails with Error: [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am fixing the batch file used to run the builds on multiple FPGAs and to do so I tried to first see the differences in the new DSE GUI and modify the script accordingly. I am unable to for it compile altogether and can not find any info related to that error anywhere on the internet. The build is done on the local machine. Here is a list of errors I receive. 

warning (12326): you are not logged in to the notification server or your session expired. notifications are disabled. login to the notification server to resume notifications. 

warning: [errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed 

error: [errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed 

error: traceback (most recent call last): 

file "server.py", line 103, in run_impl 

file "c:\altera\15.1\quartus\common\python\lib\socketserver.py", line 430, in __init__ 

self.server_bind() 

file "c:\altera\15.1\quartus\common\python\lib\socketserver.py", line 441, in server_bind 

self.socket.bind(self.server_address) 

socket.gaierror: [errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed 

error: cannot start explorer server. 

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am fixing the batch file used to run the builds on multiple FPGAs and to do so I tried to first see the differences in the new DSE GUI and modify the script accordingly. I am unable to for it compile altogether and can not find any info related to that error anywhere on the internet. The build is done on the local machine. Here is a list of errors I receive. 

warning (12326): you are not logged in to the notification server or your session expired. notifications are disabled. login to the notification server to resume notifications. 

warning: [errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed 

error: [errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed 

error: traceback (most recent call last): 

file "server.py", line 103, in run_impl 

file "c:\altera\15.1\quartus\common\python\lib\socketserver.py", line 430, in __init__ 

self.server_bind() 

file "c:\altera\15.1\quartus\common\python\lib\socketserver.py", line 441, in server_bind 

self.socket.bind(self.server_address) 

socket.gaierror: [errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed 

error: cannot start explorer server. 

Thanks for your help. 

--- Quote End ---  

I have the exact same error.......how did you resolve?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I was facing the same problem on Quartus 15.1 and 16.0. Altera Support Engineer recommended me to add an address 127.0.0.1 to Exploration/DSE Server Setting field, which was empty by default. 

Hope this could help you, too.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

While I can't speak for anybody else, I had the same problem, and adding the localhost address (127.0.0.1) as recommended above, fixed the problem. Is this in the documentation? If not, shouldn't it be? 

Thanks
0 Kudos