Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Unrecognized compilation error

TaySpen
Novice

I recently installed a fresh version of Quartus Prime Lite 18.1 on Linux. I have a Cyclone 10LP development kit and am trying to compile one of the example projects included. I have compiled the same project on a previous install so I know it works. No other warnings.

I am getting an error from the EDA Netlist Writer:

Error (20268): Functional simulation is off but it is the only supported netlist type for this device.

I have never modified any netlist types and haven't found any info online or looking through some Quartus manuals or through the software.

All suggestions and feedback are appreciated. Thanks

3 Replies
TaySpen
Novice

Update: I have continued searching and have found a documented list of a deeper explanation of all the error codes produced by the standard Quartus synthesis process. Error code 20268 is not listed.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#msgs/msgs/msgs.htm

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee
Hi, I tried to replicate the issue & I observed same behavior for windows & Linux platform for Quartus 18.1 lite but It worked for Quartus 18.0 lite on both platform. Please,try to perform the 'EDA Netlist Writer' after deleting 'db' and 'Incremental_db' directory from project directory. Regards, Vikas
0 Kudos
TaySpen
Novice

Vicky,

Thanks for the suggestion. I removed the db and incremental_db directories and attempted a recompile and received the same results.

I will try to roll back to 18.0 to see if it is an update issue.

Thanks,

-Taylor

** Update: The same program will compile as expected on v18.0. I will continue using v18.0 until I see something about it in a future release.