Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15563 Discussions

Unused qsys module causes fitter failure

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My design contains up-to 4 DDR interfaces each is defined by emif qsys module. 

The project file adds a different emif qsys file to the project for each DDR interface. 

In general I build with only one DDR interface instantiated, this is done with an `ifdef that removes the instantiation of the other DDR interfaces. 

When I build with any of the DDR interfaces removed from the design the fitter fails with an error : 

Error: The auto-constraining script was not able to detect any instance for core < p510t_bank3_altera_emif_arch_nf_170_iamurii > 

The problem is that the automated build flow may build a configuration that has one or more DDR interfaces not instantiated. 

I dont want to have a different project file for each configuration. 

Is there a way for the fitter to not use the scripts from a qsys module that is not instantiated?
0 Kudos
0 Replies