Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Wt wrong with my MIF and HEX file

Iqf
Beginner
I already attach MIF and Hex file but when simulation start it shows error that it cannot find the MIF or HEX file.

Critical Warning (127003): Can't find Memory Initialization File or Hexadecimal (Intel-Format) File C:/Users/MyPc/Desktop/project/weakStageNum.mif -- setting all initial values to 0

Error (286034): Cannot find Memory Initialization File or Hexadecimal (Intel-Format) File weakStageNum.mif for ROM instance ram:weakStageNum_rom|ram_block

Critical Warning (127003): Can't find Memory Initialization File or Hexadecimal (Intel-Format) File C:/Users/MyPc/Desktop/project/strongThresh.mif -- setting all initial values to 0

Error (286034): Cannot find Memory Initialization File or Hexadecimal (Intel-Format) File strongThresh.mif for ROM instance ram:stongThresh_rom|ram_block
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

This type of error is generally encountered if the tool is not able to find the .mif file in the specified location. Please check the path. Suggest you to enter the path from tool browser.

Another thing that you can try is keeping the .mif file in the simulation directory, where the simulation project is located.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we did not hear back from you in a while, I am setting this case to closure. However, it will still be open for the community members to comment on. Please feel free to open a new ticket if you have further questions.

Regards

0 Kudos