Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

dni

AEsqu
Novice

Is dni not supposed to work in quartus pro 22.4?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Alex,

It seems like your dni problem has been solved. Can you post a new thread for the new problem you are seeing?

Thanks,

Nurina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies
AEsqu
Novice

After deleting the quartus settings (I had to do that many years ago as well):

rm -rf ~/.altera.quartus/*

Then the Quartus opens the windows to select the license,

I enter it but then it crashes.

So that does not seems to be license related.

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

A colleague found that the crash was due to a unsupported soft link in the wrapper,

I can start the tool now.

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

Quartus 23.1 pro reports a .qsf error with this line:

set_global_assignment -name ANALYZE_LATCHES_AS_SYNCHRONOUS_ELEMENTS ON

That line seems ok in Quartus 22.4 pro (Default value is on according the doc).

How are the latch being analyzed in Quartus 23.1 pro then (still with the falling edge enable analysis or as combi)?

Looks like it cannot analyse anymore as sync, I saw that warning:

Warning(335091): The Timing Analyzer found 77 latches that cannot be analyzed as synchronous elements. For more details, run the Check Timing command in the Timing Analyzer to see the list of unsupported latches.

Note : We extensively use latch for clock gating (as for the chip) and they are functional, so they cannot be removed.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683084/current/analyze-latches-as-synchronous-elements.html

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Alex,

It seems like your dni problem has been solved. Can you post a new thread for the new problem you are seeing?

Thanks,

Nurina

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

Hi Nurina,

the RTL analyzer is indeed working in Quartus 23.1 pro,

see the attached picture.

I will create two other topics for the 2 other points.

Nurina
Employee

Alex,

I’m glad that your problem has been solved, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Feel free to open a new thread or login to ‘ https://supporttickets.intel.com ’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, feel free to rank your support experience by rating 4/5 survey. Please let me know of any inconvenience so that I may improve your future service experience.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Nurina W.

0 Kudos