Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16623 Discussions

errors found while generate project in "nios II build tools for eclipse"

jkmchow
Beginner

I am using Quatus Prime Lite 17.1.  In Nios II build tool for eclipse, two files were made, "embed" and "embed_system.bsp", of which the build project was done successfully. However, to build project of "embed" failed with errors as followed:

"#error Your SystemID peripheral must be named exactly "sysid" in your SOPC Builder system. Please check that you have properly constructed your system before compiling this program.
^
inc/system_validation.h:32:6: error: #error Your JTAG UART peripheral must be named exactly "jtag_uart" in your SOPC Builder system. Please check that you have properly constructed your system before compiling this program.
#error Your JTAG UART peripheral must be named exactly "jtag_uart" in your SOPC Builder system. Please check that you have properly constructed your system before compiling this program.
^
make: *** [obj/default/main.o] Error 1

20:43:28 Build Finished (took 2s.537ms)"

In the Platform Designer (SOPC Builder system). These names "sysid" and "jtag_uart" were used as the error messages suggested. What are the problems and the solution?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Could you try using the Nios II SBT design template, and select the Hello World template. Then, you should regenerate a new BSP to see the mismatch of names come from the new BSP, or you were using the old BSP generated with the wrong name.

Also, what is the FPGA development kit you are using for your project?

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Regards.

Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Did you try regenerating your system in Platform Designer to create an updated .sopcinfo file?  Perhaps the build tools are seeing old info.

0 Kudos
jkmchow
Beginner

Yes, once the suggested corrections  were made in the Design Platform. The new system was generated in Design Platform and a full compilation in Quartus Prime Lite was done successfully. Then the eclipse was performed, still the same errors messages appeared.

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Greetings and Welcome to Intel's forum.

You may follow the steps in the embedded design handbook to add the system ID peripheral at section 3.6.5.5.6. (Add the System ID Peripheral): https://www.intel.com/programmable/technical-pdfs/683689.pdf

Let me know your feedback and whether the above suggestion was helpful.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin

0 Kudos
jkmchow
Beginner

Hi, Kelly,

Thanks for the information. I have followed your suggestion and followed every details.  However, I got the same error messages.

Joseph

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Have you tried adding in and naming it as jtag_uart in platform designer? You may follow the user guide here: https://www.intel.com/programmable/technical-pdfs/683689.pdf Section 3.6.5.5.4. Add the JTAG UART

If the issue still persists, it is recommended you update the Quartus version used to avoid errors.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
jkmchow
Beginner

Hello Kelly,

I am designing the Nios II for a course assignment, one requirement of which is to use the "sdram controller IP".  Only the  Quartus Prime Lite 17.1 supports this IP. Unless there is a way to add this IP in the other more updated versions of Quartus Prime Lite, my assignment will be stucked.

Thank you for your attention and help.

Joseph

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Just to confirm whether did you insert System ID(sysid) and jtag_uart IPs in your platform designer for your design?

SDRAM controller IP supports up to 20.1 lite version, but however there will be IP upgrades for your design that may require extra effort on debugging.

Hope to hear on your feedback.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your end whether the information provided was useful to solve your issue?

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
jkmchow
Beginner

Hi Kelly,

Your comment gave some clues to solve the problem. 

jkmchow_0-1691412146700.jpeg

The photo attached shows  System ID(sysid) and jtag_uart IPs were inserted and the names were changed to required names in Platform Designer.  Why were there errors for these two IPs while the other IPs worked fine?

I am still working on it.

Joseph

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Thank yo for your response, but after you added in the sysid and jtag_uart IP and name them according to the user guide, do you still get any errors?

Hope to hear from you. Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any updates from your end from your end? Is the feedback provided useful?

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Any feedback from your end? Have you managed to eliminate the errors after adding the correct IP names?

Thank you.

Regards.

Kelly

0 Kudos
jkmchow
Beginner

Hello Kelly,

I have been trying all possible ways to eliminate the errors. There is still no luck.

Thank you for your attention.

Joseph

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

Could you try using the Nios II SBT design template, and select the Hello World template. Then, you should regenerate a new BSP to see the mismatch of names come from the new BSP, or you were using the old BSP generated with the wrong name.

Also, what is the FPGA development kit you are using for your project?

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Regards.

Kelly

0 Kudos
jkmchow
Beginner

Hello Kelly,

I am using DE-10 Lite board.

Good news:  The "Hello World" template was used to generate BSP with sysid changed to sysid_qsys, everything worked perfectly without any errors. The elf file was generated and run  paired with the hardware design, things went smoothly. The conclusion is that there is something wrong with the  given files.

Thank you for your suggestions and support.

Joseph

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin, GOH

0 Kudos