Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

help me about modelsim

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I use modelsim to simulate,always find error as follow:# Loading work.CYCLONE_PRIM_DFFE# ** Fatal: SDF files require Altera primitive library# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /wave_top File: 

D:/cyclone/fpga/sinwave/simulation/modelsim/wave_top.v# FATAL ERROR while loading design# Error loading design
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What version of Modelsim are you using (SE or Altera edition?).

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

modelsim 6.1g(Altera)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you checked in the library tab in Modelsim that the altera libraries are correctly installed?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is the licence installed correctly? Do you have another free version of modelsim from another FPGA vendor installed? There can sometimes be a conflict between the licences.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And sometimes these kind of errors come up if the Quartus II and Modelsim version numbers are not the same.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I dont think it is the problem with the license. Please compile all the device specific libraries with the your modelsim, and ensure that you have all the libraies compiled before you simulate..

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I compile the two library files:altera_mf.v and cyclone_atoms.v

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I compile the two library files:altera_mf.v and cyclone_atoms.v 

--- Quote End ---  

Are they complied into and mapped to the write library? 

Reading up on modelsim vmap command might put some light on it :confused: 

This might help too.. 

http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd02012002_3673.html?gsa_pos=1&wt.oss_r=1&wt.oss=sdf%20files%20require%20altera%20primitive%20library
0 Kudos