Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

multiple DDR2 HPCII controllers have PLL using the same clock control block

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Has anybody got this type of error message before: 

Error: Following nodes require the same Clock Control Block CLKCTRL_R13 Error: Node "simple_design_sys:inst|altmemddr_1:the_altmemddr_1|altmemddr_1_controller_phy:altmemddr_1_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_1_phy:altmemddr_1_phy_inst|altmemddr_1_phy_alt_mem_phy:altmemddr_1_phy_alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_1_phy_alt_mem_phy_clk_reset:clk|altmemddr_1_phy_alt_mem_phy_pll:pll|altpll:altpll_component|_clk1" is currently placed at location counter C1 of PLL_12 with a Global Signal type of Auto Error: Node "simple_design_sys:inst|altmemddr_0:the_altmemddr_0|altmemddr_0_controller_phy:altmemddr_0_controller_phy_inst|altmemddr_0_phy:altmemddr_0_phy_inst|altmemddr_0_phy_alt_mem_phy:altmemddr_0_phy_alt_mem_phy_inst|altmemddr_0_phy_alt_mem_phy_clk_reset:clk|altmemddr_0_phy_alt_mem_phy_pll:pll|altpll:altpll_component|_clk1" is currently placed at location counter C1 of PLL_6 with a Global Signal type of Auto Info: Following PLLs have a fixed counter order and cannot be changed; they may have forced some signals to use the same Clock Control Block  

I can't make sense out of it. 

I have 2 DDR2 controller on the same bank of a Stratix 2 device. They each use a different PLL and Quartus fitter seems to be unable to allocate a correct routing for the clocks as it is using the same Clock control block for both of them. I don't know what I should do. 

As I am just updating an existing design that was using legacy controllers, I have very limited flexibility 

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Moov, 

Did you resolve this error message? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos