Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16640 Discussions

nios2-bsp-update-settings failed - RuntimeException: Driver not found

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi  

I am trying to run example design from  

http://www.nioswiki.com/exampledesigns/nios2udpoffloadexample 

If I run using 8.1 it compiles as expected. 

But getting following exception while running using NIOS-II 9.1 cmd shell  

Re-generated tse megacore function and SOPC file using Quatus 9.1 tools. 

Any inputs would be great. 

Exception  

---------------- 

nios2-bsp: Running "nios2-bsp-update-settings --settings ./settings.bsp --bsp-dir . --sopc ../../..//test_sys_sopc.sopcinfo --script c:/altera/91/nios2eds/sdk2/bin/bsp-set-defaults.tcl --cmd enable_sw_package altera_iniche --set hal.sys_clk_timer sys_timer --set hal.timestamp_timer hires_timer --set altera_iniche.enable_dhcp_client false --set ucosii.os_max_tasks 29 --set ucosii.os_lowest_prio 30 --set hal.make.bsp_cflags_optimization -O2 --set hal.make.bsp_cflags_defined_sy 

mbols -DIP_V4s" 

WARNING: The BSP being loaded used OS version "8.0". The BSP version "9.1" will 

be used instead. 

SEVERE: nios2-bsp-update-settings failed. 

SEVERE: java.lang.RuntimeException: Driver not found: 'triple_speed_ethernet_dri 

ver of any version 

nios2-bsp: nios2-bsp-update-settings failed 

nios2-bsp ucosii . ../../../ --cmd enable_sw_package altera_iniche --set hal.sy 

s_clk_timer sys_timer --set hal.timestamp_timer hires_timer --set altera_iniche. 

enable_dhcp_client false --set ucosii.os_max_tasks 29 --set ucosii.os_lowest_pri 

o 30 --set hal.make.bsp_cflags_optimization -O2 --set hal.make.bsp_cflags_define 

d_symbols -DIP_V4s failed
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Pls Pls 

Any Tips/comments would be great. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello gvrajkumar,  

I had the same problem as you (although with 91SP2 on Windows XP).  

I have found a solution in the alteraforum that worked: 

--- Quote Start ---  

I think that this is caused by the driver list is not updated, please try the method as below: 

- Open BSP Editor, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ 

- Click at ‘Custom Component Search Paths…’, click at ‘Add…’ button, and add the SGDMA path, click at ‘OK’ button. 

- Go to ‘File’ -> select ‘New BSP Settings File’ to open the ‘New BSP Settings File’ window 

- At ‘Software’ part, click at ‘…’ to select the path of ‘BSP Settings File name’ 

- At ‘Hardware’ part, click at ‘…’ to select the path of your .sopcinfo file and ‘Convert SOPC Information File Path’ menu pop up, select ‘Yes’ 

- Click at ‘OK’ button. Please see attachment for screenshot/ example. 

- The new BSP settings file will regenerate. 

If the above method cannot help, please be suggested to upgrade the SOPC component in order to get synchronize the drivers with the components. I have upgrading my project which build in version 8.0 and upgrade the project by re-generate the SOPC Builder project, then recompile the Quartus II project.  

I used the .sopcinfo file and create a project in Nios II and the driver is appearing in the list. Please see attachment. 

BY evansdawg 

--- Quote End ---  

Good Luck!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How do I run my application to the Nios II target FPGA device (USB-Blaster [USB-0])? What directory you are referring to the path of SGDMA?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Leonardocs,  

I think you need to install the Arrow USB-Blaster. I also skipped the first pages and got stuck when I couldn't find the Arrow USB-Blaster. 

Double click the \BeMicro\programmer\setup.exe. When the "Save As"-Dialog opens, save it in the directory \Altera\ (where your Quartus is installed).  

Here is another description: 

--- Quote Start ---  

1.5 install the arrow usb-blaster quartus ii programmer plug-in 

In addition to installing the drivers, you will also need to execute a setup program found in your BeMicro 

installation directory under “<install directory>\programmer\setup.exe”. You need administrator rights in 

order to run this setup program. This will install a DLL plug-in to the Quartus Programmer and register 

the Arrow USB-Blaster as programming hardware available 

to Quartus. 

The installation will ask where to store these files. Since the 

programmer hardware DLL can be used with different 

release versions of Altera Quartus, you will need to store 

the DLL in the Altera root program folder, typically 

C:/altera. This is the location where several folders for 

different release versions of Altera Quartus might exist. 

--- Quote End ---  

It is described in the tutorial: 

http://www.arrownac.com/offers/altera-corporation/bemicro/bemicro_instructions_embedded_system_lab.pdf 

Did you mean something else?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My problem is I do not know where the NIOS II 9.1 indicate that the target device to run the application on the DE2 Board whose target connection is USB-Blaster [USB-0]. Help me please.

0 Kudos