Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16608 Discussions

qsys-edit use in a script

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to create a script that processes a qsys file without any windows being opened or interaction with qsys tool. 

I thought perhaps a command line (in Linux) of 

qsys-edit myqsysfile.qsys --require-generation  

Would run the processing to completion without interacting withthe window. But it pops a window up 

after opening the qsys file and requires that I click generate in the first window and again in the second. 

How does one scripts this sort of thing to avoid having interaction and windows popping up?? 

Thanks, 

Dan..
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good question. 

Note that Quartus automatically creates these if they don't exist. So, for example, if you're archiving off your design and just save the .qsys file, the outputs will get created during generation and you don't have to run a command like this beforehand. (I don't know what you're doing, and can appreciate the straightforwardness of manually doing it, but just throwing that out there...)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a qsys file. I want to script the equivalent of the following: 

1. start quartus 

2. select qsys from the tools pull down 

3. open the .qsys file (that already exists) 

4. generate HDL 

5. quit 

I have several sys files that this must be done to. I am creating the OpenCL Board Support Package and do not want any manual steps. 

So I hoped there was a simple scripting solution. I see there is a qsys-script command, but I cannot figure out the TCL commands to do 

what I describe above. 

Dan..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

With "qsys-script" you are able to modify the qsys system without using gui. 

I guess this is what you want: 

"qsys-generate --synthesis=VERILOG file.qsys" 

to generate hdl from .qsys script based.
0 Kudos