Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16755 Discussions

qsys-generate for *.ip files says deviceFamily "Agilex 5" is out of range?

ThomasTessier
New Contributor I

I am migrating my command line simulation build environment from Quartus 21 to Quartus Prime Pro 24 and noticed that the way I was generating my simulation files is no longer supported. It seems that the supported method is to use qsys-generate.

Now I have a true PlatformDesigner project using a .qsys extension which updates just fine using this flow.  I have replaced the .spd files with .ip files and attempted to get the same "sim" directory build using the command:

qsys-generate --quartus-project=my_proj --simulation=VERILOG --simulator=XCELIUM my_ram.ip

But it is failing with the following messages as reported in the  my_ram_generation.rpt

Invalided device name in input file: A5EC065BB32AE4S

deviceFamily "Agilex 5" is out of range: "Cyclone 10 GX",, "None", "Unknown"

Yes all of this is on the same machine which is licensed for Agilex 5, I am actively building with it now in Quartus GUI. But the GUI doesn't build the "sim" directory of my ip by default!  So using a 3-rd Party flow is really challenging! I had it working before and I want to get back to it working again.

Thanks for any pointers ,

TomT...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi TomT,

If generate other IP from GUI with device Agilex 5, does it causes any problem?

For command qsys-generate, use these options --family=<value> and --part=<value> check this link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683364/18-1/qsys-generate-command-line-options.html does it helps?

Thanks,

Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos