Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

quartus_sh not preserving arguments

NicZU
Novice

Hi everyone,

I am trying to pass a JSON string to a tcl script interpreted by quartus_sh so I call:

> quartus_sh -t myscript.tcl -json {{"id":310741,"iid":350,"project_id":75039,"title":"Random Title","description":"Random Description"}}

Inside myscript.tcl I retrieve the args through quartus(args) but it looks like they have been modified. All quotes disappear and parentheses are preceded by a backslash. Indeed if I print them I get:

> puts $quartus(args)

-json \{\{id:310741,iid:350,project_id:75039,title:Random Title,description:Random Description\}\}

It looks to me this is some kind of regexp....

Is there a way to get the original string without any modification?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Nicolo,

As a workaround, have you try on latest Quartus to see if this issue resolve? If it persist I guess you will have to modify it manually.

0 Kudos
NicZU
Novice

Hello,

thank you for the reply . Sadly I have to support also older Quartus versions (19.1 and later).

I did not find an easy workaround in quartus_sh so I decided to parse the arguments in bash and then pass the "digested" information to my tcl script.

Thanks,
Nicolò

0 Kudos