Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14972 Discussions

quartus_sh not preserving arguments

NicZU
Novice

Hi everyone,

I am trying to pass a JSON string to a tcl script interpreted by quartus_sh so I call:

> quartus_sh -t myscript.tcl -json {{"id":310741,"iid":350,"project_id":75039,"title":"Random Title","description":"Random Description"}}

Inside myscript.tcl I retrieve the args through quartus(args) but it looks like they have been modified. All quotes disappear and parentheses are preceded by a backslash. Indeed if I print them I get:

> puts $quartus(args)

-json \{\{id:310741,iid:350,project_id:75039,title:Random Title,description:Random Description\}\}

It looks to me this is some kind of regexp....

Is there a way to get the original string without any modification?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS_Intel

Hi Nicolo,

As a workaround, have you try on latest Quartus to see if this issue resolve? If it persist I guess you will have to modify it manually.

NicZU
Novice

Hello,

thank you for the reply . Sadly I have to support also older Quartus versions (19.1 and later).

I did not find an easy workaround in quartus_sh so I decided to parse the arguments in bash and then pass the "digested" information to my tcl script.

Thanks,
Nicolò