Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT)
For questions and discussions related to Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT).
35 Discussions

CPA_STATUS_RETRY error code when running cpaDcNSCompressData() for the first time

OttoChow
Employee

After going thru the QATLib documentation and sample code, started to work on the testing App.  There is a question regarding to data compression:

1. Under synchronous mode and non-concurrent compression, when the function  cpaDcNSCompressData() is executed, it always receives CPA_STATUS_RETRY  error code.  Compress will work after retry / resubmit the request.  Wondered why a RETRY error code is returned in the beginning.
  2. How to diagnose this issue properly?  Has no clue at this stage.

The compression function of each data block is executed repeatedly in serial until all data blocks are compressed.  Source code of the test program is uploaded for reference.

QAT Driver is QAT20.L.1.1.40-00018; OS is Ubuntu 20.04; HW is Xeon 5416S (2S Server).

Regards,

Otto

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Otto,

There could be other similar scenarios but most of the time The Intel® QuickAssist Technology API returns a CPA_STATUS_RETRY when the ring becomes full.

You may refer to the following documentation for further information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/content-details/709201/intel-quickassist-technology-api-reference-manual-combined-cryptographic-and-compression.html, section 1.4.116 Function cpaDcNsCompressData

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
OttoChow
Employee

Is there any way to get / examine the status of the ring?

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi OttoChow,

I am still checking on this but for now I can tell you that we have a mmtool/ring_dump that I am going to be sharing with you but I cant really tell if this is what you are looking for.

Please check and let me know.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi OttoChow,

Have you had the opportunity to review the mmtool/ring_dump tool I supplied you with?

I sent it to you via email.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos