Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT)
For questions and discussions related to Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT).
45 Discussions

QAT driver for Atom C3000 series on VMware ESXi

ex5rer
Beginner

Hi,

I'm looking for a QAT driver for Atom C3000 series on VMware ESXi.
I have already checked the drivers for the hardware version 1.x/2.0, but it does not seem to be supported.
Would you provide the driver?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
28 Replies
ex5rer
Beginner

I extracted the installer and its files to the location as described in the technical guide and ran QatSetup.exe.
The firmware is found in C:\Windows\System32\Driver\icpQATFW\

I also try installing pfsense Pro to isolate the problem, but it did not work.
Therefore, the cause seems to be the hardware or its configuration, not the Windows driver.

Thank you very much for your support.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, ex5rer.

Thank you for the details.

I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndyZ_Intel
Employee

Hello, apologies for the issues.

As BrusC has commented, after the QatSetup.exe driver installation please make sure the <QAT_Driver>\icpQATFW folder (typically this is "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\icpQATFW" exists and has the following two files: qat_c3xxx.bin and qat_c3xxx_mmp.bin.

If both files are present, we probably need to do a debug trace to determine why the driver is not coming up.

A debug trace can be done with the following:

• Uninstall any traces of the QAT driver, reboot the target system.
  • Open command prompt and change to a directory to store the trace.
  • Start a logman trace via command:  logman start qat_wpp -o qatwpp.etl -p "{f1057c32-3432-43ee-a282-c8a7086d25d9}" 0xff 255 -ets
  • Install the QAT driver via QatSetup.exe 
  • Stop the logman trace via command: logman stop qat_wpp -ets
  • This should produce a qatwpp.etl file located in the directory which the command was run. You can attach qatwpp.etl file here or email it to an Intel Rep. The qatwpp.etl is not supposed to contain any identifiable information.
0 Kudos
ex5rer
Beginner

I got the debug trace as you instructed.
I also confirmed that two firmware files were newly stored in the icpQATFW folder after this run.

0 Kudos
AndyZ_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the quick response.

We're analyzing the WPP file and our initial observation, it looks like a SAL service initialization failed (see picture of trace). 

AndyZ_Intel_1-1688090178279.png

Apologies, but if you could collect some more information, do you know what the value of the QAT "ServicesEnabled" registry key is? After installing the driver package, you can find it at the following location:

1. Open registry editor by (Ctrl + R) and type regedit
  2. Browse to the following folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_19E2&SUBSYS_00008086&REV_11\{GUID}\Device Parameters\General

Note that {GUID} is unique per system, I've attached a screenshot of my system for reference.
  3. The ServicesEnabled key should be of value 'sym;dc'

AndyZ_Intel_0-1688089896458.png

Your value should be 'sym;dc'. If that is the case, then it means that the software appears properly configured, and it is pointing to a hardware error. In that event, if you still want to pursue this, we will likely need to do a live debug session to gather more information.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ex5rer
Beginner

I checked the registry value and it is "sym;dc".

dbgtrace.png

How do I do a live debug session?

0 Kudos
AndyZ_Intel
Employee

I'll ask our Rep what the proper procedure here is.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ex5rer.

Good day,

I contacted you privately so we can coordinate this better, please check your private messages.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos