Intel® Rendering Toolkit
Receive answers to your big data visualization questions from community peers and Intel experts.
30 Discussions

openvkl tests cant find libraries on windows

Darius_Nicholas
New Contributor I

I am trying to run gpu examples and use openvkl on a windows system, but I failed. I encountered the following problem.

Darius_Nicholas_0-1703226287719.png

I have added the full path to the device dll files to my windows path environment but still no luck. 

openvkl version:2.0

Visual studio version: 2022 17.6.4

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi Darius,

Thanks for the interest. Can you share more about your platform's target GPU device?

OpenVKL 2.0 for GPU is compatible with Xe-HPG and Xe-HPC microarchitecture devices. This currently includes Arc and Data Center Flex or Max series devices.

The target device reported is suggestive that the only device on the system is an integrated graphics device. Currently, those devices are not supported.

To ensure the program can reference the dll's, developers can use the <oneapi-install-dir>\setvars.bat script on windows in their shell environment. setvars.bat will populate variables as needed for any installed components.

Note: GPU users also need runtimes available with the oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler Toolchain. These are available with the Base Toolkit download. The runtimes only are also available from the standalone download page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/oneapi-standalone-components.html

Note: setvars.bat functionality is migrating to <oneapi-install-dir>\<version>\oneapi-vars.bat for the future.

Please let us know if this clarifies the problem or if you have any more issues?

-MichaelC

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi Darius,

Thanks for the interest. Can you share more about your platform's target GPU device?

OpenVKL 2.0 for GPU is compatible with Xe-HPG and Xe-HPC microarchitecture devices. This currently includes Arc and Data Center Flex or Max series devices.

The target device reported is suggestive that the only device on the system is an integrated graphics device. Currently, those devices are not supported.

To ensure the program can reference the dll's, developers can use the <oneapi-install-dir>\setvars.bat script on windows in their shell environment. setvars.bat will populate variables as needed for any installed components.

Note: GPU users also need runtimes available with the oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler Toolchain. These are available with the Base Toolkit download. The runtimes only are also available from the standalone download page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/oneapi-standalone-components.html

Note: setvars.bat functionality is migrating to <oneapi-install-dir>\<version>\oneapi-vars.bat for the future.

Please let us know if this clarifies the problem or if you have any more issues?

-MichaelC

0 Kudos