Intel® Rendering Toolkit
Receive answers to your big data visualization questions from community peers and Intel experts.
30 Discussions

seems like there's an error with VTune- This analysis type is not applicable to the current mach

Subh12
Beginner

Hi, all.

When I launch VTune for Fortran project, see error-

The current analysis type cannot be used with the system because VTune Profiler is unable to recognize the processor. If you are using a new Intel processor, please ensure to check for an updated version of VTune Profiler. If the processor is an unreleased Intel product, please get in touch with the Online Service Center to request an NDA product package.

This analysis type is not applicable to the current machine microarchitecture

CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H 16G RAM
VTune Profiler 2024.1

I noticed a similar issue mentioned in a related thread, but it was regarding the i7-2600K. I'm currently using the 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H processor and the latest version of VTune (2024.1). I'm still encountering the same problem. What steps can I take to resolve this?
Thanks in advance
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Subh, Could you please share the below details with us?

• OS build on which you have installed the product.
  • Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version.
  • Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system.
  • Has the product been installed completely?

To assist you further, we would require these details.

Please refer to the below link for more information on Intel® VTune™ Profiler System Requirements and its installation guide:

Intel® VTune™ Profiler System Requirements

Intel® VTune™ Profiler Installation Guide

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Subh, unfortunately, we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further queries, please post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos