Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
449 Discussions

Cannot build boot image because WSL2 blocked at company

sittinhawk
Beginner

I'm trying to create a full flow build environment for the de10-nano on Windows 10. I am unable to create an sd image when running "make_sd_image_p3.py" because it requires loop devices, which WSL1 does not support. WSL2 has been deemed a security threat at my company and I am not allowed to install. Virtual machines are also a no-go.

Is there a Windows-only workaround?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

I am sorry, the only way to generate the image using make_sd_image_p3.py script on windows requires WSL2 with UBUNTU 20.04 and make sure your python version is python3.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos