Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
444 Discussions

Cyclone 10Lp configuration PIN DATA0

Prabhjot
Beginner

Hello Sir/Mam

We are using Cyclone 10LP in our design , We have a query about DATA0 pin when configuring FPGA in PS Fast Configuration. Could you please tell Whether we can connect DATA0 Pin to the Host Controller or We have to Connect it to the external memory.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Kindly refer to Cyclone10 LP pin connection guidelines for further information/

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/dp/cyclone-10/pcg-01021.pdf

Let me know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Prabhjot
Beginner

Hello 

Thank you for Reverting .

But my Doubt is still there Data0 pin in PS configuration is input data pin that is fine. But I wanted to ask Does it matters that the input source is a HOST controller or an external memory. As I got confused by looking at the below figure from Handbook where data input is from memory and all other control signals are from HOST controller.

Prabhjot_0-1602665869638.png

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As mention in the Cyclone 10 LP pin connection guidelines, DATA0 pin is dedicated configuration data input pin hence it can only be used for configuration not HOST controller or external. You will need to follow per recommended in the guidelines.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Prabhjot
Beginner

Hello

I have attached Block diagram of our connections kindly review once . 

Prabhjot_0-1603089526968.png

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Sorry to tell you that we did the connection per shown in the handbook and follows the pin connection guidelines, hence it is recommended to follow Cyclone 10 LP pin connection guidelines to avoid any failure.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos