Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems

Preloader Reset Command Error

PalaceIsNuclear
Beginner

I am using ARM DS and the Altera USB-II Blaster to connect to my Cyclone V target board.

When I first connect, I am getting the following error:

ERROR(CMD463):
# in preloader.ds:12 while executing: reset system
! The reset capability system is not available
ERROR(CMD656): The script preloader.ds failed to complete due to an error during execution of the script

My board still connects but does not reset the SW on connection, however, I am able to step through my program with the debugger. 

I ran the info capabilities command which returned this section for Reset options (no SW options):

Reset options
  Hardware Reset
    Available while running=true [Indicates whether System reset is available while running]

What options do I have to restart the SW on connection instead of jumping in at the current point of execution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi PalaceIsNuclear

I believe you are still referring to an old document on debugging the SPL and UBoot.

There is a more recent how-to to debug the SPL and Uboot.

Please refer to the link:

https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/HWLib#Creating_SPL_and_Uboot_debug_AN1

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi PalaceIsNuclear

Do you have any update on this case?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I shall set this thread to close pending. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos