Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
449 Discussions

command not found when build the u-boot

Rainwang
New Contributor II

toady i go to my new workstation with ubuntu18.04 installed on virtual box, i tried to build the u-boot per steps on link SoCEDS and ARM Development Studio | Documentation | RocketBoards.org.

when i run command 

make -j 24

below error appeared, it seems somthing missed or the path is not right, but i don't know how to solve it, please help me. thanks.

rain@rain-VirtualBox:~/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/embedded/examples/hardware/a10_soc_devkit_ghrd/software/bootloader/u-boot-socfpga$ make -j 24
make: arm-eabi-gcc: Command not found
/bin/sh: 1: arm-eabi-gcc: not found
dirname: missing operand
Try 'dirname --help' for more information.
scripts/kconfig/conf --syncconfig Kconfig
./scripts/binutils-version.sh: line 18: arm-eabi-as: command not found
CHK include/config.h
CFG u-boot.cfg
GEN include/autoconf.mk.dep
scripts/Makefile.autoconf:77: recipe for target 'u-boot.cfg' failed
make[1]: *** [u-boot.cfg] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CFG spl/u-boot.cfg
scripts/Makefile.autoconf:48: recipe for target 'include/autoconf.mk.dep' failed
make[1]: *** [include/autoconf.mk.dep] Error 1
scripts/Makefile.autoconf:80: recipe for target 'spl/u-boot.cfg' failed
make[1]: *** [spl/u-boot.cfg] Error 1
make: *** No rule to make target 'include/config/auto.conf', needed by 'include/config/uboot.release'. Stop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rainwang
New Contributor II

after I re-install the linaro tool chain, the issue was fixed. so i believe the root cause is something wrong during linaro tool chain installation. 

thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rainwang
New Contributor II

after I re-install the linaro tool chain, the issue was fixed. so i believe the root cause is something wrong during linaro tool chain installation. 

thank you!

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Rainwang

If you happen to met the same error in the future.

I would suggest you trying to set the environmental variable below to point to the cross compiler paths:

export PATH=`pwd`/gcc-arm-11.2-2022.02-x86_64-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf/bin:$PATH

export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, someone will be right with you.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey.  If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
Rainwang
New Contributor II

yes, please close this case, thank you for the support!

0 Kudos