Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Creating and runing Intel SGX code in ubuntu 20.04

donaldi95
Novice

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to ask if someone has experience on creating Enclaves and Code for Intel SGX on Ubuntu 20.04?

Basically i followed the tutorials from 01.org, and the installation of Intel SGX is fine. I can run the Sample Codes in HW and SIM modes.

My Problem is when i create  a new project with Eclipse Mars 1. Some File are not created, such as Enclave file, edl etc.

I don't know if i have to create this on my own, following the sample Codes or is the IDE which creates them.

I have been following also the documentation from 01.org on how to install the SGX plugin for This IDE.

Any suggestions?

I have Attached some photos for reference.

sgx1.pngsgx2.pngsgx3.pngsgx4.pngsgx5.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello Donaldi95,

All of the basic enclave files can be added for you if you add an enclave. Follow the instructions in Eclipse -> Help -> Help Contents -> Intel(R) SGX Plugin Developer Guide -> Command Reference.

1. Right-click on the Project root in Project Explorer. In your case, dd.
  2. Select Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Tools -> Add Intel(R) SGX Enclave.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello Donaldi95,

All of the basic enclave files can be added for you if you add an enclave. Follow the instructions in Eclipse -> Help -> Help Contents -> Intel(R) SGX Plugin Developer Guide -> Command Reference.

1. Right-click on the Project root in Project Explorer. In your case, dd.
  2. Select Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Tools -> Add Intel(R) SGX Enclave.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

donaldi95
Novice

Great, thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.

I wanted also to ask about an error i get. It Is because of a library called sgx_enclave_common.h. When i run the SampleCommonLoader code sample in HW mode, it gives me the following error:

App/sample.cpp:36:10: fatal error: sgx_enclave_common.h: No such file or directory
36 | #include "sgx_enclave_common.h"

any idea on what should i do?

I am attaching a reference image.

PS: I am following the SGX tutorial for Linux 20.04. My laptop had I7-8U generation.

SGX is enabled, but it doesn't support DCAP.

Best Regards,

Donald

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

This thread has been marked as answered and Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.

0 Kudos