Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Does NUC 10 I7 support SGX in BIOS?

ddkk
Beginner

Hello,

I know the CPU supports SGX, but can it be enabled in BIOS? Want to confirm before buying.

I am specifically looking at the BXNUC10I7FNH1 model.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello ddkk,

Good news. That NUC's BIOS supports SGX. The default status of SGX in the BIOS is "Software Controlled" but it can be changed to "Enabled." If you change it to Enabled in the BIOS, then the OS can recognize it and you can start doing SGX stuff.

If you leave it at Software Controlled, then you must enable it via software in the OS. There are three general methods for enabling SGX from the OS:

Windows

How to Enable Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) Using the SGX Activation App in Windows® 10

How to Enable Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) Using the SampleSGXEnable Sample app in the Intel SGX SDK for Windows*

Linux or Windows:

How to Enable Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) in a Custom Application

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello ddkk,

I will check with our NUC support team and respond to this thread as soon as I have an answer.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

ddkk
Beginner
0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello ddkk,

Good news. That NUC's BIOS supports SGX. The default status of SGX in the BIOS is "Software Controlled" but it can be changed to "Enabled." If you change it to Enabled in the BIOS, then the OS can recognize it and you can start doing SGX stuff.

If you leave it at Software Controlled, then you must enable it via software in the OS. There are three general methods for enabling SGX from the OS:

Windows

How to Enable Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) Using the SGX Activation App in Windows® 10

How to Enable Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) Using the SampleSGXEnable Sample app in the Intel SGX SDK for Windows*

Linux or Windows:

How to Enable Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) in a Custom Application

JesusG_Intel

This thread has been marked as answered and Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.

0 Kudos