Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Does Scalable SGX still have EPCM structure

Mingyi
Beginner

Hello,

The new scalable SGX uses different technology with the legacy one. I would like to know whether the new SGX still contains the EPCM structure to record the EPC information?

I'd appreciate it if you may share any documents or give me a few pointers on where I could get more information regarding this problem.

Hope you well.

Regards,

Mingyi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello Mingyi,

Yes, SGX on Intel Xeon Scalable processors still uses the EPCM. For more information, search for EPCM within Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual Combined Volumes 3A, 3B, 3C, and 3D: System Programming Guide.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello Mingyi,

Yes, SGX on Intel Xeon Scalable processors still uses the EPCM. For more information, search for EPCM within Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual Combined Volumes 3A, 3B, 3C, and 3D: System Programming Guide.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello Mingyi,

Did you find the information you were looking for?

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mingyi
Beginner

Thanks Jesus! It helps!

Hope you have a great day.

Regards,

Mingyi Chen

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

This thread has been marked as answered and Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.

0 Kudos