Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Missing Intel(R) SGX Debugger in Properties

Haarhoff__Thomas
Beginner

Hello,

I am having a problem with a setting up a new dev environment.

The \Intel\InteSGXSDK\src\SampleEnclave Solution is loaded into VS and can be compiled, but the Project Settings don't show the SGX Debugger, so I get the Error "Unable to start debugging. Check your debugger settings ..."

Project Settings General:

- Target Platform Version: 10.0.17763.0

- Platform Toolset: Visual Studio 15 (v140) [Tried VS 17 (v141) as well, same error]

Project Settings Debugging does not show the Intel SGX Debugger in the "Debugger to launch" Drop Down.

Versions i am using:

- Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 - OSBuild 18363.657

- Visual Studio 2017 

- SGX SDK v2.6.100.2

SGX is enabled and the Device Manager shows:

- Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Device

- Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Software

Is there a version conflict im not aware of, or am I maybe missing some component?

Greetings 

Thomas

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello Thomas,

Make sure your Platform Toolset under Properties -> General -> Platform ToolSet = Visual Studio 2017 (v141) or similar. The Intel SGX Debugger will then be available under Properties -> Debugging -> Debugger To Launch.

Make sure you do this for both Platforms, Win32 and x64, or the specific platform you are building for.

Also, make sure Visual Studio is installed before you install the SGX SDK.

If the above does not work for you, uninstall the SGX SDK via Windows Control Panel->Programs and Features, then reinstall it.

Use this article as your guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-sgx-sdk-for-windows

Let us know if this solves your problem.

Regards,

Jesus

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Haarhoff__Thomas
Beginner

Hello Jesus,

As stated above, I used the v141 as Platform ToolSet, but the Debugger was not present in the Debugging drop-down.

However, reinstalling the SDK was a success and the Debugger is now present, and I can run the Program.

So yeah. Thanks for leading me into that direction.

Greetings

Thomas

0 Kudos