Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Monotonic Counter not Supported

He__Yi
Beginner

Hi!

I was trying to run the SealedData project under SampleCode. It returns: "monotonic counter is not supported and trusted time is not supported."

I found this thread on github https://github.com/intel/linux-sgx/issues/424 saying "SGX MC depends on iclsclient software being installed. iclsclient is not available for download now, please contact sgx_program@intel.com with the justification why MC is needed in your usage.". Which seems to mean that monotonic counter is like another service that needs to be subscribed. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Scott_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Yi.

Yes, the iCLSClient is required for SGX Platform Services, which includes monotonic counters and trusted time.  But, due to multiple factors, we are currently not supporting/distributing the iCLSClient for Linux.  If you're running on Windows, you can usually get the Windows iCLSClient from your OEM's support site.

Regards.

Scott

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scott_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Yi.

Yes, the iCLSClient is required for SGX Platform Services, which includes monotonic counters and trusted time.  But, due to multiple factors, we are currently not supporting/distributing the iCLSClient for Linux.  If you're running on Windows, you can usually get the Windows iCLSClient from your OEM's support site.

Regards.

Scott

0 Kudos
He__Yi
Beginner

Gotcha! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Meysam_t_
Beginner

Hello Scott,

Based on you said, we can't measure time in the enclave using sgx_get_trusted_time if we are running in a Linux machine? any other idea to measure the time? 

0 Kudos
Dr__Greg
Super User

See my response in your other post.

Dr. Greg

0 Kudos
Tom__Jimmy
Beginner

Can you provide the official download address? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Dr__Greg
Super User

Hi Jimmy, I hope your week has gone well.

You can find our dialogue about addressing the issue of monotonicity in SGX enclaves here.

Please feel free to post any follow up questions in the context of this thread if you have further questions.

Have a good weekend.

Dr. Greg

0 Kudos