Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Problem: Cannot find SGX Debugger in Visual Studio

Ka__Marcel
Beginner

Hello community,

I'm new in SGX development. I want to debug an Enclave in Visual Studio 17, just as shown in the tutorial video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlWBAuXSPmU, however I don't have the SGX Debugger in the list menu.

It really is a SGX project and simple methods works perfectly, but I'm unable to debug the Enclave part.

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Scott_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Marcel.

Which version of the SGX SDK do you have installed?  VS 2017 debugger (and other) support was not added until version 2.1, and we're currently up to v2.2.100.48339.

Regards.

Scott

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scott_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Marcel.

Which version of the SGX SDK do you have installed?  VS 2017 debugger (and other) support was not added until version 2.1, and we're currently up to v2.2.100.48339.

Regards.

Scott

0 Kudos
Behera__Shipra
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using Visual Studio 2019 and SGX SDK version 2.3. I'm not able to see the Intel SGX debugger on Visual Studio

0 Kudos
Francisco_C_Intel

Hi Shipra.

Currently VS 2019 is not supported.

Thanks,

Francisco

0 Kudos
SylviaL
Beginner

Hi Francisco,

Do you know if VS 2019 now supported?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello SylviaL,

Yes, VS2019 is now supported. The Release Notes for the Intel SGX SDK for Windows 2.12, which is the latest version, report:

Visual Studio 2019 Add-in Tool is designed to work with the Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 environment. While Visual Studio* Professional 2019 is the recommended environment, the tools may also be installed with the Community and Enterprise versions of Visual Studio 2019.

Known Issues and Limitations
The add-in and wizard for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 IDE and/or Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 IDE are also provided separately with vsix as extension name. If it fails to install the add-in or wizard unfortunately, please double click the corresponding vsix files to install them manually.
Visual Studio 2019 doesn’t support debugging Enclave with wide character Enclave path.
Visual Studio 2019 doesn’t support debugging 32-bit Enclave.
SGX SDK doesn’t support the “__CxxFrameHandler4” option for enclave in Visual Studio 2019. Customers need to add “/d2FH4-” into the enclave project settings, if they upgrade their enclave projects from Visual Studio 2017 to Visual Studio 2019.

Sincerely,
Jesus G.
Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
bashar__golam
Beginner

Hello Fransico,

I built a project on SGX in VS 2015. I configured like below:

TArget Platform Version: 10.0.15063.0

Platform Toolset: Visual Studio 2015 - Windows XP (v140_xp)

Debugging-> Debugger Intel (R) SGX  and Working directory is $(OutDir)

There is no error in the code and after running it vanish within seconds. Below is a scrrenshot of output from debug 

0 Kudos
Francisco_C_Intel

There is a bug in the static library used by that Sample when built in Debug mode and you have an older version of the PSW installed. I think this is the issue you are seeing.

What is the SGX SDK version? What is the SGX PSW version on your system?

Thanks,

Francisco

0 Kudos