Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.
1448 Discussions

SDK, PSW, and DCAP binaries signed with expired code signing cert

Hamilton__Kyle
Beginner

"Intel SGX SDK for Windows v2.5.101.3.exe": ‎Tuesday, ‎November ‎12, ‎2019 1:13:24 AM

"Intel SGX PSW for Windows v2.5.101.3.exe": ‎Tuesday, ‎November ‎12, ‎2019 1:13:08 AM

"Intel SGX DCAP for Windows v1.3.101.3.exe": ‎Tuesday, ‎November ‎12, ‎2019 1:12:52 AM

All of these files were signed with the timestamps above.  The EV code signing certificate used to sign them expired on ‎‎Saturday, ‎October ‎26, ‎2019 5:59:59 PM.

Could Intel please perhaps update the code signing certificate, and re-sign them (or re-build them) with the updated certificate?  I don't know how Windows does its Authenticode process (if it checks the binary's signature before or after it checks the validity of the timestamp versus the certificate chain or the validity of the certificate chain in the first place), so I can't particularly trust the binaries I just downloaded.

Thanks for your time!

-Kyle H

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Junli_S_Intel
Employee

Thanks a lot for point out the expired cert issue.  We will fix it in next release(2.6), it will be available in this month. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Junli_S_Intel
Employee

Thanks a lot for point out the expired cert issue.  We will fix it in next release(2.6), it will be available in this month. 

0 Kudos