Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

SGX Dev. Tools for Linux

marcos_a_
Beginner

Hi

This is a suggestion to Intel to provide a "package" containing all the tools needed for using SGX in Eclipse for example.

It would help a lot of new users trying to learn SGX. If we had a Eclipse packed with all the plugins need to start using SGX would be great.

I know Eclipse provide links and ways to install the plugins but what about if someone (like me) needs to install the whole dev. tools on a target that does not allow Ethernet connectivity to download the plugins? Having a 'packed' Eclipse with all needed plugins in a zip or tar file to be downloaded from a PC and then transferred to the target, would be great and save a lot of time for the users trying to debug issues related with wrong versions and dependencies.

Thanks

rgds

Marcos

0 Kudos
1 Solution
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Marcos,

I agree with your suggestion. It will be extremely useful for those who never used Eclipse and want to work with SGX. However, the issue is that probably most developers that already work with Eclipse do not want to have another Eclipse version tailored for SGX. Instead, we want to use the same version and just install the plugins that are necessary.

I provide you a link with a discussion about the installation of the necessary plugins for Eclipse. It might be useful for you: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-guard-extensions-intel-sgx/topic/681670

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Marcos,

I agree with your suggestion. It will be extremely useful for those who never used Eclipse and want to work with SGX. However, the issue is that probably most developers that already work with Eclipse do not want to have another Eclipse version tailored for SGX. Instead, we want to use the same version and just install the plugins that are necessary.

I provide you a link with a discussion about the installation of the necessary plugins for Eclipse. It might be useful for you: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-guard-extensions-intel-sgx/topic/681670

0 Kudos
marcos_a_
Beginner

Hello Gaston,

Thanks for the information and link.

Rgds

Marcos

0 Kudos