Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

SGX Troubleshooting-related Question

hynnn
Beginner

I have a few inquiries based on the attached text file containing the output of running 'sgx-troubleshoot'. I'd like to inquire about what might have gone wrong causing the following issues and seek solutions.

Firstly, when attempting to make and run the Remote Attestation Sample file to perform Intel SGX Remote Attestation, I get an output similar to the attached 'RA.txt'. Secondly, even though it seems like PCCS installation has been completed, running open-source projects like Gramine results in the following output on the Client side. I thought it might be a problem with PCCS, so I reinstalled it, but the same issue persists.

Error Message: Performing the SSL/TLS handshake... . Performing the SSL/TLS handshake...ra_tls_verify_callback: sgx_qv_verify_quote failed: 57372 failed

Furthermore, recognizing this issue as a problem with SGXDataCenterAttestationPrimitives, when attempting to run 'make', the following error occurs:

make[2]: Entering directory '/opt/intel/SGXDataCenterAttestationPrimitives/QuoteVerification/QvE'
You may need to set environment variables if the SGX SDK is installed. Use a command like 'source /opt/intel/sgxsdk/environment'
Enclave/qve.cpp: In function ‘quote3_error_t status_error_to_quote3_error(Status)’:
Enclave/qve.cpp:254:16: error: ‘SGX_QL_RESULT_INVALID_SIGNATURE’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘SGX_QL_QV_RESULT_INVALID_SIGNATURE’?
254 | return SGX_QL_RESULT_INVALID_SIGNATURE;
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| SGX_QL_QV_RESULT_INVALID_SIGNATURE
make[2]: *** [Makefile:194: Enclave/qve.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/intel/SGXDataCenterAttestationPrimitives/QuoteVerification/QvE'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:39: QvE] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/intel/SGXDataCenterAttestationPrimitives/QuoteVerification'
make: *** [Makefile:75: qve_wrapper] Error 2

I appreciate any assistance you can provide in resolving these issues.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Munesh_Intel

Hi hynnn,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

This issue seems to be related to this inquiry which indicates either you didn't install or incorrectly installed the PCCS infrastructure on your machine/cluster. Besides, you might need to check the SGX_QL_RESULT_INVALID_SIGNATURE and ensure that you used the correct variable (SGX_QL_QV_RESULT_INVALID_SIGNATURE) since it's mentioned in the error.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos