Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Support for SGX in NUC7i7BNH

Trevor_B_
Beginner

Does the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH support SGX?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Trevor,

The NUC you mention uses the following CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7567U Processor

The following link provides details about the Intel® Core™ i7-7567U Processor

Below Intel® Data Protection Technology, there is an item Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX). It says YES.

Hence, the CPU supports Intel SGX. Not sure whether the BIOS allows you to enable Intel SGX. However, the CPU provides support for Intel SGX. You just need to check the BIOS.

0 Kudos
Trevor_B_
Beginner

Thank you for the reply. Any pointers to finding out what BIOS ships on it?  We selected this NUC due to the CPU supporting SGX but I'm having a tough time tieing a specific BIOS or range of BIOS versions to it and then tracking down the BIOS specs.

Regards

0 Kudos
Rodolfo_S_
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have looked the Technical Product Specification of this NUC, and in the BIOS updates (here, here, here and here) for it, but none of them says that it supports SGX. So I'd say it is not possible to enable SGX in BIOS.

You can find a list of currently known HW that supports SGX here. This list also includes a few NUCs.

Best regards,

Rodolfo

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Trevor,

In case the BIOS doesn't allow you to enable SGX, you won't be able to use the CPU feature. Based on the comments, it seems you won't be lucky with this model.

0 Kudos
Juan_d_Intel
Employee

In case it helps, the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNH BIOS includes SGX support. I still have to confirm that SGX works as expected.

I'd expect the NUC7i7BNH BIOS to support SGX as well, although I cannot verify this. :(

NUC7i3BNH-BIOS.bmp

0 Kudos
Juan_d_Intel
Employee

Confirmed with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04. SGX (SampleEnclave) works on the the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNH.

0 Kudos