Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

install PSW error

xiaowen__ouyang
Beginner

When I run the latest Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_x64_PSW_1.9.105.42143.exe, the installer shows “Operating system 'Windows 10 Home 10.0.16299' is not supported”. But my windows version is 1709. What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Francisco_C_Intel

Hi.

For reference purposes, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043454 contains the builds of the OS that correspond to specific versions.

Build 10.0.16299 is "the same" as version 1709, formally known as "Fall Creators Update".

If SGX is enabled and Windows Update is configured to receive updates, the OS will automatically download our software, which will appear in Device Manager -> Software Components instead of the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

If you downloaded the software package from the registration center, there are more details in the "Intel SGX Installation Guide for Windows OS".

Please let us know if you still are having problems.

Thanks,

Francisco

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Francisco_C_Intel

Hi.

For reference purposes, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043454 contains the builds of the OS that correspond to specific versions.

Build 10.0.16299 is "the same" as version 1709, formally known as "Fall Creators Update".

If SGX is enabled and Windows Update is configured to receive updates, the OS will automatically download our software, which will appear in Device Manager -> Software Components instead of the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

If you downloaded the software package from the registration center, there are more details in the "Intel SGX Installation Guide for Windows OS".

Please let us know if you still are having problems.

Thanks,

Francisco

0 Kudos
xiaowen__ouyang
Beginner

Thank you very much!

I have checked my win10 is up to date, so according to your prompts, I found it.

0 Kudos
bashar__golam1
Beginner

How I know that PSW is correctly installed in my system.

From BIOS I configured it Enable and whenever I run Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_x64_PSW_2.3.100.49777.exe , it gives the error

This software (or one of its components) was already installed on this platform by the .inf installer. Install will cancel.

The installed version of Windows is not supported by this installer. If you enable Intel® SGX on your system, Windows Update install Intel® SGX Platform Software automatically.

0 Kudos
Francisco_C_Intel

Based on the message "This software (or one of its components) was already installed on this platform by the .inf installer. Install will cancel." the software is already installed.

You can check the version and other details by going to

Device Manager -> Software Components -> Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Software

0 Kudos