Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

linux sgx driver installation

AB_
Beginner

Hi,

When I tried to install linux-sgx-driver following instructions from https://github.com/intel/linux-sgx-driver, I get the following error:

sudo /sbin/modprobe isgx
modprobe: FATAL: Module isgx not found in directory /lib/modules/4.18.0-15-generic

I use skylake processor (Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz × 8) with SGX enabled in BIOS.  My ubuntu version is 18.04.2 LTS. Is this version not supported?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
you_w_
New Contributor III

Hi AB:

You can install SGX driver, SGX PSW and SGX SDK under Intel document's guidance. You will find More information and download installers here.

Regard

you

0 Kudos
Daniel_Anderson_Intel

Do you have /dev/sgx (DCAP driver for Azure) or /dev/isgx (IAS driver, non-DCAP).

For /dev/sgx, use: modprobe intel_sgx

For /dev/isgx, use: modprobe isgx

0 Kudos
C__Main
Beginner

Anderson, Daniel (Intel) wrote:

Do you have /dev/sgx (DCAP driver for Azure) or /dev/isgx (IAS driver, non-DCAP).

For /dev/sgx, use: modprobe intel_sgx

For /dev/isgx, use: modprobe isgx

Hello Anderson,

I want to enable SGX on Azure VM to run another application. Is it possible to make it on Azure VM with SGX 1 support:

Extended feature bits (EAX=07H, ECX=0H)
eax: 0 ebx: 29c6fbf ecx: 0 edx: 0
sgx available: 1

CPUID Leaf 12H, Sub-Leaf 0 of Intel SGX Capabilities (EAX=12H,ECX=0)
eax: 1 ebx: 0 ecx: 0 edx: 241f
sgx 1 supported: 1
sgx 2 supported: 0
MaxEnclaveSize_Not64: 1f
MaxEnclaveSize_64: 24

If it's possible, what I should install on Azure VM and what's the order? driver, PSW and SDK? and JHI is a must for Java applications? and ECDSA and DCAP are optional? What's the sign of success of SGX deployment? is it the successful running of aesmd service?

Please help, I really am suffered by the configuration and setup of SGX for use.

Kindest regards,

Main C

0 Kudos