Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

test-as.sgx.trustedservices.intel.com reject the TLS connection

Mon__Eddie
Beginner

I just received the access confirmation for test-as.sgx.trutedservices.intel.com  but when I try to test it by:

"curl -v --tlsv1.2 --key ./testCertKey.pem --cert ./testCert.pem https://test-as.sgx.trustedservices.intel.com:443/attestation/sgx/v2/sigrl/0000ae0 "

The IAS will terminal the TCP connection upon the client has sent "Certificate, Client Key Exchange, Certificate Verify, Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake Message"  handshake messages.  Curl doesn't even get a chance to send in the "Get" request to IAS for processing.   I have check that both the private key and the cert are correct and the cert is the same one I included in the access request for the test environment.   It seems like my cert is not trusted by test-as.sgx.trustedservices.intel.com. 

My question is, do I have to wait a few days before the registration kick into effect? If not then where do I go for support?

Thanks,

Eddie.

curl --verbos --tlsv1.2 --key ./dev_builds2/testCertKey.pem --cert ./testCert.pem https://test-as.sgx.trustedservices.intel.com:443/attestation/sgx/v2/sigrl/0000ae0 -v
*   Trying 52.0.160.62...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to test-as.sgx.trustedservices.intel.com (52.0.160.62) port 443 (#0)
* ALPN, offering http/1.1
* Cipher selection: ALL:!EXPORT:!EXPORT40:!EXPORT56:!aNULL:!LOW:!RC4:@STRENGTH
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS header, Certificate Status (22):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Certificate (11):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server key exchange (12):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Request CERT (13):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server finished (14):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Certificate (11):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client key exchange (16):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, CERT verify (15):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to test-as.sgx.trustedservices.intel.com:443
* Closing connection 0
curl: (35) OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to test-as.sgx.trustedservices.intel.com:443
0 Kudos
24 Replies
SSuma1
Beginner

I'm having the same problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. (I filed for a development services ticket last week, but the problem is still not fixed.)

0 Kudos
Mon__Eddie
Beginner
0 Kudos
JohnMechalas
Employee

We are looking into this.

0 Kudos
SSuma1
Beginner

Just wanted to know if there's any update on this issue? Will be happy to submit a different certificate if that will help.

Curious if it's working for anyone at all? If yes, please tell us about your SSL client. (I can confirm that it doesn't work with OpenSSL or python cryptography library.)

0 Kudos
Mon__Eddie
Beginner

Sumen .T, apparently Intel didn't deploy my cert to the correct environment.  They have since corrected the issue and update their backend.  I can get the proper response from their "test-as" server now.   Rerun your test and, it may work for you as well.  

0 Kudos
SSuma1
Beginner

Thanks Eddie. My old certificate had expired, so I submitted a new certificate about 2 weeks back (the new certificate has the same subject-name and private-key, just the x509 expiration date and serial number are different.) It seems that Intel has just added the new certificate on the server without removing the old one, and the server still aborts the connection (probably because during validation, it finds the old certificate before the new one, and doesn't try any other certificate).

I still cannot connect to test-as.sgx.trustedservices.intel.com.

0 Kudos
yu_d_
Beginner

same problem here.

0 Kudos
yu_d_
Beginner

days passed. is there any one can help? my renewed certificate is not working at all. 

0 Kudos
SSuma1
Beginner

If this is the speed with this Intel plans to handle remote attestation related issues, I guess everyone is better off staying away from SGX. I just informed our GM it's not a usable technology, at least not in the banking/finance area where reliability/fault-tolerance is crucial.

Good luck to you guys. (Also, please delete my account.)

0 Kudos
yu_d_
Beginner

John M. (Intel) wrote:

any follow-ups? the IAS service is so much critical and now it causes a single point of failure!

0 Kudos
JohnMechalas
Employee

yu d. wrote:

Quote:

John M. (Intel) wrote:

any follow-ups? the IAS service is so much critical and now it causes a single point of failure!

Yes. The first reports of this issue were resolved by deploying the certs to the dev server. However, since then it appears that this is more widespread than originally thought. It's been escalated back to the IAS team for resolution.

0 Kudos
JohnMechalas
Employee

yu d. wrote:

It appears your renewal/update was submitted under a different email address than the you used originally, and that caused this to be processed as a new onboarding. We will get this straightened out, and we're looking into ways to improve the forms to eliminate this sort of uncertainty.

0 Kudos
yu_d_
Beginner

NO my two requests are different.

First I requested for a renewal with SGX Ticket 03432906 with my company email address.

The renewed license does not work and then I saw this thread and understood it's caused by renewal. So I requested for the second one using my personal email address Case#: 03437980.

0 Kudos
yu_d_
Beginner

John M. (Intel) wrote:

Quote:

yu d. wrote:

It appears your renewal/update was submitted under a different email address than the you used originally, and that caused this to be processed as a new onboarding. We will get this straightened out, and we're looking into ways to improve the forms to eliminate this sort of uncertainty.

NO my two requests are different.

First I requested for a renewal with SGX Ticket 03432906 with my company email address.

The renewed license does not work and then I saw this thread and understood it's caused by renewal. So I requested for the second one using my personal email address Case#: 03437980.

0 Kudos
JohnMechalas
Employee

Aha. Thank you for clarifying this. I will have the team get this sorted out.

0 Kudos
JohnMechalas
Employee

We believe we have identified the root causes for each of the issues reported in this thread. As they don't all have the same cause, we'll be reaching out to you all individually.

In addition to fixing the issues, there are some changes we can make in our own processes to help identify potential problems sooner rather than later.

0 Kudos
yu_d_
Beginner

John M. (Intel) wrote:

We believe we have identified the root causes for each of the issues reported in this thread. As they don't all have the same cause, we'll be reaching out to you all individually.

In addition to fixing the issues, there are some changes we can make in our own processes to help identify potential problems sooner rather than later.

Thanks  John!

0 Kudos
Goh__Nicholas
Beginner

John M. (Intel) wrote:

Hello John,

Unfortunately I am also facing this similar problem, are you able to help me too?

0 Kudos
yu_d_
Beginner

Hi John, I haven't received any email from you guys. Do we have any progress now?

Quote:

John M. (Intel) wrote:

Thanks  John!

0 Kudos
JohnMechalas
Employee

yu d. wrote:

Hi John, I haven't received any email from you guys. Do we have any progress now?

I just sent you a direct message. I apologize for the delay here: it was entirely my fault.

John

0 Kudos