Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
128 Discussions

Ability to send text information (not text messages)

KaraTheValkyrie
HP QuickDrop enabled sending text information from phone to computer and vice versa. I don't mean text messages such as you'd send on a phone, I mean text information, so you would be able, for example, to copy this paragraph and send it over from the phone to the PC, or the other way round. I used this quite frequently, and don't see a way to do this with Unison. Anyone know how to do this?
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeancR_Intel

Hi KaraTheValkyrie,

Apologies for the delay in my response.

Please share more details about the issue so we can assist you effectively.

Is your phone an Android or iOS?

What is the version of your Intel Unison App on your phone and PC?

Have you tried updating the Unison app to the latest?

Here's the link for your reference:

Intel® Unison™ App - Seamlessly Link Phones and Devices to Your PC

Best regards,

Dean R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KaraTheValkyrie

It's essentially a feature request for Unison. HP withdrew their QuickDrop app and pushed everyone to use Unison. However, my main use for QuickDrop was for copying text from the phone to the PC or vice versa. So I might, for example, find an interesting URL on my phone, or a paragraph of text in an article, and want to send the plain text to my PC. Or the other way round. This was possible using QuickDrop, but Unison does not seem to have this ability, so it is not a replacement for QuickDrop.

0 Kudos
DeancR_Intel

Hi KaraTheValkyrie,

I will coordinate this feature with our engineers to possibly implement this on future update. But for now, the only feature we currently have between phone and computer is text messages.

For more information, you may refer to this link about features:

Intel® Unison™ App - Seamlessly Link Phones and Devices to Your PC

Best regards,

Dean R.

DeancR_Intel

Hi KaraTheValkyrie,

Thank you for your interest in using Intel Unison. We acknowledged your feedback with regards to the feature.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Best regards,

Dean R.

0 Kudos