Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
77 Discussions

Features and limitation for Messages when using an Apple iPhone

Paolo_B_Intel
Employee

What can I do with the Messages feature when the Intel Unison app is connected to an iPhone? 

You can use the contacts saved on your iPhone to send, receive, and reply to messages through the device. 

Are there limitations on the messaging functions on my iPhone device when using the Intel Unison app?

Yes, the full message history, group messages, and attached file functions are not available to apps like Intel Unison.

How do those limitations impact my use of the Messages feature when using Intel Unison with an iPhone?

• Access to open or participate in group messages is not available.
  • Audio message functionality is not available.
  • The capability to send stickers and GIFs in messages is not available.
Labels (1)
4 Replies
tdebug
Beginner

That is not how it works in my experience with windows 11 and latest iOS. In fact, the app doesn't display any message content at all. When I receive a text message I can see a notification in the app, but once the notification is gone, it is not visible in "notifications" even though all other notifications are there - like from email and other apps.

When I click "messages" it only shows empty dialog (attached) with no messages at all, even those messages I got notifications for are nowhere to be found.

In short - there is a limitation - it doesn't work at all. Which windows version did you test so you actually see messages and can reply as you said?

0 Kudos
NadiaG
Employee

Hi,

I’d recommend upgrading to the latest version to see if your experience would be better with the latest Unison update.

0 Kudos
Kalnel
Beginner

Is the messaging feature gone with iPhone? It was working well for me until today. When I open the app on my Windows desktop, I know longer see any links to messages or contacts. And, even though my phone shows as connected, I'm not getting a pop-up window with new messages. 

0 Kudos
NadiaG
Employee

Hello,

I suggest that you update to the latest version of Unison. With its newest enhancements and features, we believe your user experience could significantly improve. Give it a try and see the difference. 

0 Kudos