Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
96 Discussions

Intel Unison IPhone not working

Chan66
Novice

As mentioned in the title, Intel Unison does not work for iPhones at this moment.

In April, I tried using Intel Unison with my iPhone 12 Pro Max, and it works perfectly fine, with just minor connection issues.

However, now I tried using 3 different iPhone models (iPhone 8plus, iPhone 12 ProMax and iPhone 13 ProMax) and 2 Android (Galaxy Note 10 Lite, Asus Snapdragon Insider) with the same wifi connection. All iPhone models give me the same error: " Check your phone's connection and try again", whereas android models work just as intended. So I think the problem is related to the connection between Unison and iOS. 

Is anyone facing the same issue here, and is there any suggested fix? 

PS: My Laptop meets the minimum requirement to support Intel Unison as I bought it just recently with the 13th-generation Intel.

Labels (1)
13 Replies
Magdy
Beginner

Hello

I've been facing the same issue as well (I'm using iPhone11). Lately, every time I needed to send any files, I had to pair my phone from the very beginning! And today, it's completely disconnected, and I can't pair it anymore (Check your phone's connection and try again).

Steveh441352
Beginner

Well after 3-4 months of trying to get Unison to work on a new Windows 11 Pro workstation, and with most of the modules working with the exception of calling using an iPhone 13 Pro Max and iOS 17.5.1. I repeatedly was getting "calls cannot run on this PC" or something to that effect. After much back & forth with Intel tech support, giving the generic response, did you restart your machine, did you do a complete re-install of software on both the iPhone and PC, and did you check that bluetooth was configured? To those questions, and approximately 30 re-installs later and with the same result, the answer was YES, I did that!!!

The problem comes down how the soundcard is configured. By going in and disabling most all of the I/O's as a starting point, my iPhone started to come back to life. to start with, the was little or no discussion about how the soundcard should be generically configured.

There are many configurations that entail ins and outs of the software and with different protocol's the wrong patching or lack there of will bring the software to its knees. Each card on a late model Win 11 machine uses a protocol called "ASIO" which acts like a digital in or out, as well as supply clocking to the card's playback. Without this signal, card's input will fail to send audio to the input of the software.

Long story short, Intel needs to make sure the right signal with the right protocol going to the right port of the soundcard, maybe as part of its install config file. I have yet to map my Realtek soundcard. Hopefully this will shed some light as to why so many people are complaining that the calls portion of the software doesn't work, I being one of many.

Steve

0 Kudos
that_guy
Beginner

Also having this issue since the last week. No issues using this previously.

I have tried it on:

iPhone XS running iOS 15.6.1

iPad Mini (6th Gen) running iOS 16.5

iPhone SE running  iOS 17.4.1

Note: these all worked previously, last time I used the app was 12/05/2024

It is still working with Galaxy Fold 2

As above seems to be an iPhone only issue

phcella
Novice

Same problem here to.. iPhone 14 Pro Max on 17.5.1

0 Kudos
KevG
Beginner

Very same for me. Worked perfectly until yesterday, but iPhone 15 pro now won't connect. When I scan the QR code I get the message 'check your phone's connection and try again'. My phone is correctly connected to my windows computer via bluetooth, and works properly with every other app.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Chan66,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

I will investigate your issue further, but to proceed, we require the following details:

• The iOS version installed on each of your iPhones.

• The brand and model of your laptop, along with the Operating System it is running.

Please provide this information at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
that_guy
Beginner

Hi @Caguicla_Intel ,

Today's iOS app update 20.21.3 (5389) has resolved all issues for me and things are working again.

Not sure if it is working for @Chan66 now but all my devices are sorted thank you !

0 Kudos
KevG
Beginner
0 Kudos
Family-tech-support

same issue, will update my iOS app version and see if that helps

0 Kudos
Chan66
Novice
Hii . After updating to the most recent version, the problem is fixed. So guys just update your app for now !
phcella
Novice

I just updated and it came back to life again

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi All,

Good to hear that the most recent app fixes the issue.

We are concluding this inquiry. Thank you for your time and cooperation. Should you require additional assistance, kindly submit a new query.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CB87
Beginner

I seem to be having the same connection issues.

The app is connected to my phone, as it's displaying the photo gallery which is fully syncd

However all the message and call functions displaying

"Unable to connect to your device via Bluetooth
Please make sure your phone is nearby, and its Bluetooth is turned on."

Im running a 13 Pro Max 17.4.1 with Windows 11 and the latest 20.21.3 (5389) app.

0 Kudos