Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
96 Discussions

No active output sound device detected.

ElDiablo
Novice

I just installed this software and while it hands down beats Phonelink because at least this app works while in the background and doesn't seem to lose connection, it keeps giving me an error about no sound device even though the app still works and I can hear just fine.  My sound goes out through SPDIF.  When I enable "Speakers" as default device the error goes away but I do not have speakers connected in this way, when I disable speakers and use SPDIF out as default, the error comes back.  Again, everything still works fine except the app keeps nagging me and shoving this error in my face, quite annoying.  Any suggestions?  Is this a bug?

Screenshot 2024-06-09 083522.png

Screenshot 2024-06-09 083631.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello ElDiablo,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For us to further check this, please help provide the following details:

1. is it working fine before?
  2. What is the brand and model of your system?
  3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried so far?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ElDiablo
Novice
  1. is it working fine before?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Working before what?  I've already stated the app works, I can make and hear calls, it just keeps spitting this error in my face.

2. What is the brand and model of your system?

It does not work on any of my systems.

3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried so far?

I have installed this app on 3 different systems now.  One of them outputs sound through Nvidia HDMI and I get the error message.  The second outputs through Realtek S/PDIF and I get the error message.  The third outputs through Speakers and I do not get the error message. 

The first 2 devices, if I change to Speakers, the error message goes away.  When I change back to HDMI or SPDIF the error comes back.

Clearly this is a problem with your app, not my systems.  Other apps like PhoneLink and KDEconnect don't give me errors about sound output devices.  Your app states to enable an output device like "Speakers" but I'm thinking "Speakers" is the ONLY device it wants since it gives an error if any other device is selected that is not "Speakers", no matter if it works or not.

Please fix your app.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello ElDiablo,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I understand, that is why I am trying to gather data for us to further check and report the issue.

Please help generate the SSU logs of your system, kindly download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ElDiablo
Novice

Sorry, I'm not installing some weird snoop utility on all my systems unless you want to pay me for doing your debugging job for you guys.

How about you go and install your app on a computer that uses HDMI or S/PDIF output and look for yourselves. 

Try it on you own Intel Z68 and Z390 chipsets with Realtek Audio and Nvidia GPU, utilizing S/PDIF and HDMI respectively.

As for me, I'll just live with the error banner.  I have better things to do that I actually get paid for. 

Thanks anyways.

0 Kudos