Intel® Unison™ App
Support for the Intel® Unison™ App, a Multi-Device Experience software product that allows users to connect their devices and collaborate between them.
77 Discussions

Unison Message Threading No Longer Available ?

Brendan_Brinn
Novice

Let me begin by saying that I love what the Intel Unison product enables me to do !!  For years I've wanted to be able to connect my iPhone to my PC so that I could send / receive messages.  I've been using Unison for several weeks with the Messages layout as shown in the User Guide https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_Unison_UserGuide.pdf.  

However, today I no longer have access to that layout and instead receive a popup from the bottom of the screen.  From there I can select a contact or enter in a phone number and send a message.  But then any past messages and my replies are removed from view.  When I receive a message, I have to go to the Notifications area to look at it; once I have that too is removed from view.

This is a big step back for me in terms of usability.  I don't understand why I would need to go to two places to review a phone conversation, and the lack of visibility for my conversation threads means that I have to rely on the phone rather than using the Unison app.  Is this behavior controlled by a setting which I can change, or is this supposed to be new functionality going forward ?

Labels (2)
42 Replies
MrWizard90
Beginner

Is still available in Microsoft Store, but not directly. Need to go here to get link to app in store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/intel%C2%AE-unison%E2%84%A2/9PP9GZM2GN26?hl=en-us&gl=us_   

0 Kudos
Variable
Novice

Yeah, because I've already installed it I can still find it, in in fact it was updated 2 days ago even,  but I'm fearing that the app is being depreciated because it isn't showing up in the search results anymore. It seems like Intel is silently retiring this, possibly because Microsoft is rolling out the Phone Link iOS support ?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Brendan_Brinn,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some inquiries about the Intel® Unison™ app. 

In order to better assist you and investigate the situation, please provide the following:  

1. Did the app come Pre-Installed? 

2. What is the operating system version and build? 

3. What is the unison PC App version? 

4. What is the iPhone model+ iOS version or Android phone and Android version, and mobile Unison app version? 

5. What is the Computer Brand, model, and Intel Processor? 

6. What is the intel Wi-Fi & Bluetooth adapter model used and version? 

7. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Brendan_Brinn
Novice

Good Morning Deivid: please see Intel Customer Support Case #: 05763640 for further information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyone @ Intel working on this issue?

Here is my system report summery. I would say the 'problem' isn’t with us the users in this matter..

0 Kudos
yromano
Beginner

Looks like this issue is there for two weeks already. Is there a way to roll-back to the previous version?

0 Kudos
mesneyrez
Beginner

Any don't think it'll be resolved soon. This is one of the primary reason why most user will use this app.

0 Kudos
SRBC
Beginner

Was testing this app and noticed the lack of the messages thread. Not sure how it was before as it seems other people here reported it was working. So far it looks missing this very important feature... Is anyone looking at this? Will it be fixed? Any ETA ? 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Brendan_Brinn, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Brendan_Brinn, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that this is a known limitation for the iOS Message panel after the latest version was released.

I do appreciate your interest in using the Intel® Unison™ app and I do apologize for any inconvenience that this could cause. Thanks for the feedback provided to improve it in future revisions.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
So I plan English, Intel has abandoned this application? Yes or no..
0 Kudos
IH3000
Beginner

Thanks Deivid for your follow up.  I can confirm I have now uninstalled this app.  So close....and then Intel blew it.  Thankfully, MS is about to roll out an updated version of PhoneLink with this feature for iPhone.  Buh-bye Intel.

0 Kudos
consulting
Beginner

Ou purpose is to turn knowledge and e xpertise into value for the benefit of our clients, our people and the markets. Our firm aims to provide clients with a globally consistent set of multidisciplinary consulting services based on international and local industry knowledge. The extensive international and local knowledge possessed by the promoters through the years have supported them to develop their service reputation and providing a distinctive client service to its local and international clientele. The firm adopts best in class international tools, methodologies and independence/ risk management standards across all service lines. The firm ensures that all the services delivered are of highest technical, professional, and ethical standards which are beneficial to its clients and stakeholders.

0 Kudos
BaughnDW
Beginner

Add me to the list.  I even opened a support ticket but as soon as I ran their data collector and posted results.  It was unsupported as I did not have an "EVO" processor  laptop.  Nevermind ........IT WAS WORKING!  Glad to see I am not losing my mind.  I saw the post about phone link with an iOS11 working.  I just tried the Phonelink app and it only says iOS support coming soon.   Any ideas out there?

0 Kudos
Brendan_Brinn
Novice

YAAAAAY !!!!!  I just started Unison for the day and saw that Intel applied an update - now my conversations are threaded and it looks EVEN BETTER THAN BEFORE !!!  Thank you very much Intel for making this change !

0 Kudos
imshowdog
Beginner

Hi Brendan.  Thanks for the posts and staying on them til it got fixed.  On this end, if I close out the Unisom session the text threads are gone when reopening it.   Do you know if it's because i'm using an IPhone instead of Android.    

Similarly, do you know if Microsoft's Phone Link app keeps the message threads/history when being used with an IPhone or at least with an Android?

0 Kudos
Joeybear
Novice

I did not check to see if Phone Link keeps the thread going after closing and opening, but I can tell you that Unison is superior because of one thing: the ability to control the size of the window. You can only have Phone Link fully maximized or at a set window size. You can control the size of Unison and easily have it as a sidebar, allowing you to do whatever you're doing and not switch between windows.

0 Kudos
mesneyrez
Beginner

YES!!!

ME TOO SAW THE UPDATE, I TOT I WAS THE ONLY ONE EXCITED.

0 Kudos
Joeybear
Novice

I am so very happy to have threading back!

While it was not threading, I did see that you could reply to texts from the notification window and didn't have to switch between notifications and messages to respond. Initiating without responding to something was an enormous pain. You can still reply on the notification screen, but threading on the messages screen is so much more effective.

Thank you for this fix!

0 Kudos
BaughnDW
Beginner

Yes!  They got it working again with latest app update 4-17-23.  Shhhh don't tell anyone I don't have an EVO processor.....Shhhh!

0 Kudos
sappersix
Novice

@DeividA_Intel, please pass on a thank you to the dev team for updating the app and restoring message threads.

Would you please pass on three feedback points for the Unison product team:

1. ISSUE [HIGH] - The Unison app is marking messages as read on my iPhone. This is an issue, because app icon badges appear when a new message arrives and then immediately disappear when Unison sends a notification to my PC. I use the badges to see if I have unread messages on my phone, so I would prefer the app to not mark messages as read on my iPhone.
  2. REQUEST - Outgoing messages typed on the iPhone should appear on the PC. Right now, if I reply on the iPhone, that message doesn't appear in the PC conversation thread.
  3. REQUEST - Images and videos included in the iMessage conversation should appear on the PC conversation thread. If it is not possible to include the actual multimedia attachment, a text placeholder indicating that a multimedia attachment was received would be an improvement over the current behavior (seeing nothing). 

Thank you!

0 Kudos