Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*
681 Discussions

Base_Vector_Add not working on Windows with Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics

RCB1
Novice

Hello

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 PC with Intel iCore 7 processor and integrated Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics. It has Windows OS.  

I downloaded the latest Intel oneAPI BaseToolkit 2024.2 and proceeded to run the Base_Vector_Add sample both from the windows CMD prompt and then via Visual Studio.  The sample compiles fine but does not run correctly. I get this output with VS2022.

==============

Running on device: Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics
Vector size: 10000

C:\Users\rcb\Work\code\repos\sycl-tests\Base_Vector_Add\out\build\x64-Debug\vector-add-buffers.exe (process 21164) exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005).
Press any key to close this window . 

==============

As a test I used the cpu_selector instead of the default_selector on Windows and get this expected output from the CPU.

==============

Running on device: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz
[0]: 0 + 0 = 0
[1]: 1 + 1 = 2
[2]: 2 + 2 = 4
[9999]: 9999 + 9999 = 19998
Vector add successfully completed on device.

==============

Interestingly though I also have WSL2 installed on the system with Ubuntu linux.  I have followed the instructions and installed oneAPI base toolkit as well under Ubuntu WSL2.  

The samples compiles and runs correctly on the GPU, as shown here,

==============

>> vector-add-buffers
Running on device: Intel(R) Graphics [0x8a52]
[0]: 0 + 0 = 0
[1]: 1 + 1 = 2
[2]: 2 + 2 = 4
[9999]: 9999 + 9999 = 19998
Vector add successfully completed on device.

================

Firstly, can you confirm that the Intel Iris Plus Graphics is indeed supported? 

Secondly, do you have any idea what may be going wrong from the Windows compiler. 

It seems strange that it would work from WSL2 Ubuntu but not from native Windows.

Thanks

RCB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alex_Y_Intel

Please provide a reproducer, exact reproducing commands, and a screen shot of your issue. 

0 Kudos
RCB1
Novice

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.  As requested, I attach;

1. A zip file with the Base_Vector_Add sample directory, including the src/ directory and the cmake files used

2. A screenshot of the error generated on windows when running Base_Vector_Add.exe

3. The windows CMD prompt listing of the whole cmake build process and execution and generated error

4. The WSL2 (Ubuntu) BASH shell listing of the whole cmake build process and execution and successful results output.

For windows I followed these instructions Build and Run a Sample Project Using the Visual Studio* Command Line (intel.com)

For WSL2 (Ubuntu) I followed these instructions Build and Run a Sample Project Using the Command Line (intel.com)

Items 2 3 and 4 are also included in the zip file (item 1).  The listings also include the output of sycl-ls command on both systems.

Thanks

RCB

0 Kudos
Alex_Y_Intel

I've escalated your issue for further investigation. 

0 Kudos