Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*
641 Discussions

Cannot create DLL which offloads part of the code to Intel Xe GPU

dtroncho
Beginner

Hello,

I have a DLL comprised of 3 cpp files. I have separated the "offloadable" (basically matrix multiplications) code into one of those 3 files.

I have downloaded & installed the latest version of the Intel OneAPI HPC Toolkit.

If I try to compile & link all them into a DLL with this command (executed in the Intel OneAPI Command Prompt for Intel64 for Visual Studio 2022):

icx /LD /out:MatMul.dll DLLMAIN.CPP MAIN.CPP OFFLOADABLE.CPP /c /nologo /Qiopenmp /Qopenmp-targets=spir64

I obtain:

clang-cl: error: The use of '-LD' is not supported with '/Qiopenmp /Qopenmp-targets=spir64'.

If I compile these 3 files separatedly, with these commands (same console):

icx DLLMAIN.CPP /c /nologo /Qiopenmp

icx MAIN.CPP /c /Qiopenmp

icx OFFLOADABLE.CPP /c /nologo /Qiopenmp /Qopenmp-targets=spir64

It creates the corresponding .obj correctly, but when I try to compile them with a source.def file which defines what this DLL must export, with:

icx MAIN.OBJ DLLMAIN.OBJ OFFLOADABLE.OBJ /LD -o MatMul.dll /DEF:source.def /Qiopenmp /Qopenmp-targets=spir64

Response is:

Intel(R) oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 2022.1.0 Build 20220316
Copyright (C) 1985-2022 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

a-3292ef.obj : warning LNK4078: multiple '__CLANG_OFFLOAD_BUNDLE__openmp-s' sections found with different attributes (40500040)

And it creates the DLL, but when I try to use it from a .NET program which has a declaration to use one of its methods, an error pops-up saying:

"Error in MyInitialize: Unable to load DLL 'MatMul.dll' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E).

Can you please help me? If I could solve this, then parts of DLLs could be also off-loaded to Intel's hardware opening lots of possibilities for businesses.

I look forward to your help, thanks in advance.

David.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Anoop_M_Intel

The fix is available in 2024.0 compiler. Please feel free to download the latest compiler from Intel Registration Center.

0 Kudos
dtroncho
Beginner

Thank you for informing. I will asap.

0 Kudos