Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*
675 Discussions

Intel error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 139"

aruhela
Novice

Compiling FlowSieve https://github.com/husseinaluie/FlowSieve) on TACC Stampede3 generates the CLANG error.  The issue persists with 2024.1 as well and with -O1 optimization flags. Can someone take a look at the attached error reports and suggest a fix?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alex_Y_Intel

@aruhela I'm escalating your issue to our engineer team and we'll work on it internally. I'll come back with update when we reach a solution. 

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi,

I tested the code you provided.

I can build the code using -fopenmp option,

$ icpx -c -fopenmp icpx_diagnostic_log.cpp

But get the error you reported with -fiopenmp option,

$ icpx -c -fiopenmp icpx_diagnostic_log.cpp

icpx: error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 139 (use -v to see invocation)

We will report the bug to our internal team. ​As a workaround, can you try if you can build the application with "-fopenmp" option?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in the latest compiler 2024.2. Can you try the latest compiler and let us know if your issue is solved?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
fabianw1
Beginner

I am still getting this the same clang frontend error using 2024.2.  I only get this error when I use the `-fno-alias` option.  Without this option the code builds.  I am attaching the error logs below.  Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos