Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
Talk to fellow users of Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and companion tools like Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and Intel® Distribution for GDB*
655 Discussions

Using _mm_aesenc_si128 with intel C++ Compiler 2024

Daniel_D
Beginner

Hi,

I'm developing an application for Windows 11 on a Core i9-9900K (Coffee-lake) und want to use the AES function set (_mm_aesenc_si128). Without _mm_aesenc_si128 I can compile and run the app without any issues. But if I use _mm_aesenc_si128 I get this error when compiling:

error : always_inline function '_mm_aesenc_si128' requires target feature 'aes', but would be inlined into function '_TestAES' that is compiled without support for 'aes'

I can compile and run it with the MS v143 toolkit without any problems.

I already tried to set my target-cpu in the settings: 

Daniel_D_0-1716795689693.png

but that gives another strange error - saying that coffeelakje is not a valid option.
1>error: unknown target CPU 'coffeelake'
1>note: valid target CPU values are: i386, i486, winchip-c6, winchip2, c3, i586, pentium, pentium-mmx, pentiumpro, i686, pentium2, pentium3, pentium3m, pentium-m, c3-2, yonah, pentium4, pentium4m, prescott, nocona, core2, penryn, bonnell, atom, silvermont, slm, goldmont, goldmont-plus, tremont, nehalem, corei7, westmere, sandybridge, corei7-avx, ivybridge, core-avx-i, haswell, core-avx2, broadwell, skylake, skylake-avx512, skx, cascadelake, cooperlake, cannonlake, icelake-client, rocketlake, icelake-server, tigerlake, sapphirerapids, alderlake, raptorlake, meteorlake, arrowlake, arrowlake-s, lunarlake, gracemont, pantherlake, sierraforest, grandridge, graniterapids, graniterapids-d, emeraldrapids, clearwaterforest, lakemont, k6, k6-2, k6-3, athlon, athlon-tbird, athlon-xp, athlon-mp, athlon-4, k8, athlon64, athlon-fx, opteron, k8-sse3, athlon64-sse3, opteron-sse3, amdfam10, barcelona, btver1, btver2, bdver1, bdver2, bdver3, bdver4, znver1, znver2, znver3, znver4, x86-64, common-avx512, geode
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\Intel C++ Compiler 2024\Toolset.targets(243,5): error MSB6006: "icx-cl.exe" exited with code 1.

Any idea how I can use AES of the CPU with the intel C++ compiler?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alex_Y_Intel

Please provide a reproducer to demonstrate your issue and the exact commands used in the process. 

Have you also tried the command line prompt? 

0 Kudos