Intel® oneAPI Data Parallel C++
Support for Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library, Intel ICX Compiler , Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, and GDB*

DPC++ for NVIDIA/CUDA devices on Windows

pclausen
Beginner
Hi,

I downloaded the oneAPI BasiKit and then oneAPI HPC on windows. I could run a sample code both from Visual Studio (2019) and also generated from cmake (3.19.2). The sample code compiles and runs. I have both an Intel Graphics 630 card and a NVIDIA Quadro M2200 card, but I can't see the NVIDIA device (see file attached); I also don't understand what the device [0x591b] refers to. Note that I can successfully run a CUDA examples in Visual Studio and also generated from cmake. From what I read, it seems that using DPC++ for CUDA devices is experimental and was tested on Linux only, but I am not sure. Is there a way to use it now on windows? If not, what is the time expectation to have it working on windows?

Thank you
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We are discussing this with the internal team, we will get back to you soon.

Edited: We are escalating this thread to Subject Matter Expert (SME) who will guide you further.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
KeenYewL_Intel

Hi pclausen, are you using oneAPI on FPGA devices? Could you please specify the Intel devices/products that you're using in your design? 

0 Kudos
pclausen
Beginner

Hi, I plan to use it in the future, but currently I want to test it on CUDA gpu card but it does not work. My interest of using sycl-DPC++ is to be able to use it for multiple devices, including CUDA device. I have it working for my intel gpu card, but not for the CUDA card. Should I expect it to work on CUDA ot not? If not, what is the best solution to have my code working on both intel and cuda devices?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

pclausen, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario and after reviewing the case, for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, please submit your inquiry at the link below, for further peer to peer technical support on this topic:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Toolkits/ct-p/oneapi

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sravani_K_Intel

Hi Pascal,

Thank you for your interest. We do not support DPC++ with CUDA BE on Windows at this point and have no plans for it in near future.

Thanks.

0 Kudos